Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fabric Painting on a Saree

Pinks.. Greens.. Yellows
 
 
Having finished 2 Salwar Embroidery for my friends I got to do Painting on a Saree for another friend of mine. It was a Kota Saree with Applique border in Pastel Pink ,  Pastel Green and a bright Yellow.. I was asked to add a punch of colour and design and make it flamboyant. As the applique was a floral design I went for a floral motif of a Bunch of Flowers.
 
 
The Applique Border of the Saree

I used  2 shades of Pearl Pink, Pearl green with a mix of Sap Green of Fevicryl Fabric on the Floral Design. I didn't use a medium to thin out the paint as Kota Fabric byitself is a very thin fabric and the colour bleeds if it is thin and watery.  I had placed the flower motif a regular intervals and accentuated the Saree.

The Bunch and Single Flowers Alternate eachother.

 A part of the bunch was added as Single flower motif to further make it more beautiful and also in the Pallu.

The Play of Colours
 







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the information really liked the work check out the outdoor fabric wide variety of the top fabric brands at our overstock prices. We can help you find the perfect fabric for any size project.

    ReplyDelete